Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May 26, 2015 - Talisay, Cebu

I went to the temple today with the Zone. I can never express how much I appreciate having that opportunity, and to be able to use it as a teaching tool for people. People know the temple here, they see it a lot, because it's right in the middle of the city, rather like unto LA. We could well compare Lahug to Santa Monica Blvd. So people here know and recognise it, as a special place, which is a good starting point in missionary work!

This Monday, we had a Cebu Island Zone Conference, where the entire Island came to the chapel at the Temple to have Conference. It was very interesting. President taught about the Sacrament, We had a hands on presentation about self defense using pepper spray and martial arts, and my batch, Sister Mataipule and Sister Poteki gave their farewell testimony. Which means if I had dad's mission, I would be running on a month left. Luckily, that's not the case!

Please keep in your prayers our investigators with baptismal dates, Brother Wilbert and Aaron and Ella. They are to be baptised on June 6, and it should come to pass. But they need love.

I just want to share the last thing I read in the Book of Mormon. Last night, after planning, I was thinking a lot about going to the temple (today), and I opened my book of Mormon to Mormon 7. Mormon gives his last testimony, and he tells the Lamanites what they need to have learned from all of this book he's got here. He tells us what is important. And it is very simple. It is true for us. And I know that we must come unto Christ. 

 7 And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.

I know that we can sing unto our God if we do what he asks. If we do what is right. If we love one another. If we appreciate the gifts our Father has given us. 

As I was walking up to the temple I was singing to myself Come ye Children of the Lord. That's something Mom shared with me when I was in the MTC, I think. I simple felt the spirit testify to me that that hymn is true. I know these things are true.

Love,

Elder Dunford

PS. Forgive my english. I feel rather like I am struggling today languageally.

No comments:

Post a Comment