Sunday, January 17, 2016

December 9, Kamputhaw, Cebu


This was a big week! We had Zone Training Meeting, fast Sunday, our good friend, Elder Sanchez went home, and we had our Cebu Island Christmas Conference. I want to share some stuff that happened. 

Fast Sunday was a really interesting day. I felt like the world was waiting. for something big.

At the Christmas conference, we held a sort of variety show. There were presentations from all the zones, and some individual performances. I sang a solo. I prefaced it by telling that it was a song originally written for people who would not be home for Christmas, who would be far from home. I rewrote it, and even though it's not very good, it's heartfelt. 

I'll be home for Christmas,
you can count on me.
There'll be no snow,
or mistletoe,
and presents by LBC
I'll be home for Christmas,
you just wait and see,
I'll be home for Christmas
in Cebu Philippines.

I'll be home for Christmas,
I already am, you see.
Meeting friends 
and teaching them 
to serve Him faithfully
I'll be home for Christmas,
I don't want to leave,
I'll be home for Christmas
in Cebu Philippines.

This song is from my heart. It is how I feel. I miss you always family, but I know that I am where I am supposed to be. I know it because I feel it. I really am at home here. For example, just earlier, we rode a jeep coming to the email. the lady sitting across to me had the look like she wanted to talk to me. So we talked. She was from Tayasan, a town where I worked when I was in Ayungon. She knew Mojillos, who are a really strong member family there. Then here in Cebu, she's come to church before with her friend. She wants to learn more about the gospel. Things like this is a daily occurence, I simply feel at home here doing this work.


I just read earlier "Lift up your eyes and look on the fields, for they are white already to harvest." It is true! And I know it's not just here in Cebu. The world is waiting, the world is preparing for something great to happen, and as a missionary, I get to prepare that work daily. And I know that all of us can put our hands to work, to helping someone else today. We can all help someone else to feel the love of God through our actions and words, and if we do that, then "he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal, and both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together." We can all rejoice in the goodness of Christ today. 

I also know that In January I will come home. I am not sad for that day, I am very excited. Because I know that on January 27, 2016, I will no longer belong here. I will belong in California. I hope to carry the joy that I've gained from Cebu along with me, and continue to grow. Go forward, not backward, that's the way to go.

I love you. I'm excited for you, and I'm praying for you.

Elder Dunford

No comments:

Post a Comment