Monday, March 16, 2015

March 3, 2015 - Talisay City, Cebu

Wow, this was a week. 

Our investigator from Ayungon, Sheila, has now been baptised! hooray hooray.


So last thursday was Transfer Day. So at 8 o'clock, Elder Tolentino and I rode to Cebu City South Bus Terminal, where he met his new companion and headed off to his new area. There I waited with the multitude of missionaries coming and going. The Zone Leaders of the Area were left there, so I had someone to hang out with the whole time, but we mainly just sat and watched a ton of buses, jeeps and taxis drop off and pick up missionaries, cebuanos, and white people to take them all over the Visayas. I saw some new missionaries, some of my batch (who are now old, wow!) and much more, until finally, the bus from Dumaguete showed up, and I met Elder Espiritu! 

Elder Espiritu is a very interesting individual. There is a ton I could write about him, but I just don't know where to start! He is from Quezon City. He is about 5 months in the mission. He speaks very strong English, even with a bit of an english accent! People always ask him "So where are you actually from like, sa gawas, outside the philippines?"  He is a convert of about 5 years, and has a really strong, great energy. He is super energetic. He is super positive. He's super kind and talkative, and he always sees the good in people. He picks out something good in people, and it is absolutley incredible and humbling to have this companion. I know I will be able to learn so much from him.

Also this week, We had a baptism! of sister Caroline Pasay! Her mother is a member, and sister Caroline is 10 years old, she was never baptised before, but she's super active in primary and things. I was really honored and glad to be able to baptise her. I really felt strongly on saturday in the service, how I have been called of God to do this. Top work with this people and bring them to baptism. It was again, very humbling to learn. 

And then the next day, on Sunday we had fast and testimony meeting! It was a very good meeting, even though there was no electricity in the church, and there was no piano, no lights, no fans and no mic, the spirit was so strong. Almost all the youth of the ward bore testimony, which reminded me of the months in Granada which would be like that. Also a ton of returning members bore testimony, which made it a very new feeling in the spirit. It was an incredible experience in the close of the meeting, we sang I Know that My Redeemer Lives a capella. This final testimony was so strong. It was so strong. A strong wind rushed into the chapel as we sang the first verse. There was an incredible spirit there that day.

This is one thing I learned this week. Our chapel in Minglanilla has no paintings. It is absolutely bare. Nothing, but hte sign outside bears record this is even a church. But That is not needed for the Lord to be there. And I know He was there.

Love,

Elder Dunford

No comments:

Post a Comment