Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October 27, 2015- Toledo City, Cebu

Me in Lutopan last week
I would like to testify of ponderizing. It has worked me a miracle this week.

My verse this last week has been John 11:40, which says If you would believe, you should see the glory of God. This week, I was riding on a tricycle, trying particularly to believe in God. It was a really hot day. It was humid in an awful way. Ever since that baguio left last week, the weather has been super dead, just hot and windless, the sky's just white, and you know how I don't like it when the weather's like that. Now to be honest, it hasn't been bothering me much, but this one day this week, I was sitting on this tricycle at about 4PM and I was just drained out hot. And so I said, I was trying particularly to believe in God as we were driving around the market in Toledo. When at once, I looked up at the sky. It was one of those days when the sun doesn't really shine, but it's not like nice cloudy, and I was expecting to just see a hazy lamp in the sky. But what I saw was a break in the clouds. I saw sunbeams breaking through, and a big, rosy cotton cloud being lit up in the sky. Though the orange smoggy haze of Toledo, I saw this glorious sight, and I felt like it looked familiar. I felt like I was literally seeing the glory of God, given to me to see because I believed. (For further doctrinal support, see D&C 88:42-47) As I was thinking about this, I realised too that my verse I have been ponderizing was fulfilled to me. So I promote ponderizing. 

This week, I also went on exchanges with Elder Fuimaono. I've worked with him three times since we have been here in Toledo. We had a great day. A member, Sister Marly, cooked us the most delicious sweet and sour shrimp. Don't worry, I have a picture.  Elder Fuimaono's my favorite.

Last Wednesday, I was in line at the supermarket to buy my groceries, when a fellow came up to me and started talking to me. His name was Bruce, from Scotland. He informed me of some recent advancements at the CERN facility in Switzerland, which I was very excited to hear about. We had a nice conversation.

This was a really cool week. It ended with those pictures last night, along with the very bright moon as we were walking in these fields. I feel I have seen the glories of the kingdoms of God, which is very cool.




Love you bye.

Elder Dunford

No comments:

Post a Comment