Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 12, 2015 - Toledo, Cebu

Fishers of Men

Today, We went to the temple with the Toledo Zone. At 6 am, we got in a 18 passenger van/public transportation and to get to the city. Elder Pascua taught me something that I want to share. Like I shared last week, I learned there's a lot we can learn even from the plants, and that is kind of the motif of the Cebu temple. It's very plant-y and flowery, particularly in the celestial room. Elder Pascua said, of the flowery designs in the temple, said "It is the writing of the gods." That's something I wanted to share, too, because I thought it was profound.
Me, Elder Asuro, Elder Obero and Elder Pascua.

This week is transfer week! Elder Consigna and I are staying in Toledo. Elder Pascua is transferring to Dumaguete. He was 6 months here in Toledo, so we knew it was his time to go. I have loved being able to work with my beloved former companion. He is a character. And the Elder replacing him is also someone familiar to us: Elder Fuimaono! Which means, after one transfer of being apart, we're going to be in the same house again! I am so happy.
The Elders with Sister Anderson and Sulit. You will recognise Sister Anderson from Escalante, where we were in the same branch in Her first area. She's now going home, which is weird. 

Toledo 2 branch had a baptism. Don't mind me standing, looking like I don't know what's doing on.

We had interviews for two of our investigators, Vincent and Jorene. They are to be baptised this week! Please pray for them. They are soooo good. Vincent is 19 and he loves the scriptures, and Jorene is the best 12 y/o ever. 

A pillar of Light above the brightness of the sun.

I studied this week Mosiah 15-18.It is incredible the things Abinadi teaches. He explanation of Christ in chapter 15 is so good. God Himself has come here to the earth to live with us, to suffer with us, and to rejoice with us. I know it is true.

Love,
Elder Dunford

No comments:

Post a Comment