Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 7, 2014 - Escalante City, Negros Occidental

I thoroughly enjoy this sign on the road to Libo. 
This week is transfers again, and things are changing! Elder Cantago, who has one transfer left on the mission, is going back to Cebu City to be a Zone Leader! I have been entirely grateful for the time I have had to learn from him. He really is a good missionary. Last week, President Schmutz told me to look out for some changes this transfer, and I told him that I really wished I could have more time with Elder Cantago. He is very humble and kind, and has done wonders for the reputation of the missionaries here in Escalante, and I wish I had more time to learn from him. Presiudent Schmutz said that really helped him with his decision, and I'm glad and happy for him to have this opportunity to lead and teach a Zone before he goes home. But I am staying in Escalante, and Elder Montano is coming in as my new companion. So tomorrow is the actual transfer day, and we get all changed, so that is exciting. 


Service Day

I was actually thinking the other day how I kind of wished I'd had an Eagle [lapel] pin. I've really started to recognize how much of an impact Scouting has had on my life. Even if when I was younger I didn't get a whole lot of friends from Scouts, that just meant I really got to learn the principles it teaches (Though I did get plenty of great experiences from scouts). Of course I still remember to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. I even get people (like Filipinos) calling me boy scout every once in a while on the streets, which really kind of surprised me. I guess I really kind of inherited that whole person. It really is rather in line with being a missionary, and a responsible adult. I am striving to be the Scout I learned to be as I become the missionary I am.


Timered pictures

The other day we went to Sitio Putingbato, which means White Stone, far out in Brgy. Washington. We had some referrals out there, and it seemed to have been pretty untouched by missionaries. We had a whole party from the branch.
I have not traded anyone a silk tie for anything. I actually don't really wear the Brooks Brothers ties much, just on travel days, on Gen Conference, and last week, to Zone Interviews, were the only time this transfer I can remember wearing one. And of course, they are never going to be traded for anything. They mean too much to me. But here, there's okai-okai's, which are basically just shops that sell like savers-donated clothes for super cheap, and it's actually part of the Cebu mission deal to try to find nice ties at okai-okais. Some of the "nice ties" are horribly loud and just bad, but some of them are actually kind of cool. But like that tie I have, I just bought because it was rather funky. I actually found a pretty nice tie there that is a legitimately good tie. But yeah, I hope to be able to give someone that bad one for something better.

(poor guy seems pretty hot...-trina)


I just want to pasalamat (to cause to be thanked) all the examples I have been given in my life. I have been given many. I have been given much in my life, and I want to thank you for all that you have done for me to be able to be here.

I saw an opportunity that I had to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment