Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7, 2014 - MTC

Kamusta mo!
Here's us with our new haircuts


In 3 days, I'm going to be sitting on a plane to San Francisco. I absolutely cannot believe or imagine that this is actually happening, but it is. 

So this morning, we checked our mailbox and we all got a note. So remember how we auditioned to sing for a devotional? Apparently Sister Nally was serious, because we are singing in the sunday devotional for departing missionaries! So it's not the entire MTC, but it is several hundred people that we are singing for! We haven't really even practiced it since we tried out! We're kind of flipping out! But really, it should be really fun, and hopefully we'll be good. 

So all this week, it's been snowing! It's super exciting, and really nice to have some good snow before I never see snow again. But this whole drought we're in seems to be lifting a little, at least for us. Today, we were walking to the temple, and the clouds all around Timp were just dumping, it looked like it should be a perfect day. Not that I'm worried about any of that!




So for my mission plaque scripture,  I'm going to choose 2 Nephi 2:4,8, which says:

  4 And thou hast beheld in thy youth his glory; wherefore, thou art blessed even as they unto whom he shall minister in the flesh; for the Spirit is the same, yesterday, today, and forever. And the way is prepared from the fall of man, and salvation is free.
8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.

I like these verses, and this chapter because it's a father's blessing to his son, who has been raised in the gospel, and is about to see a great change in his life. I love when Lehi says "you will be blessed even as they unto whom he shall minister in the flesh." I've been really learning about the savior in his ministry, and how glorious it would be to teach along with him. But we can know of his glory even in our state now, if we "Come, Follow [Him]."

This is us and brother Pasikala and Sister Ormsby, our teachers!

I'm so excited! I just absolutely cannot believe that the time is really, seriously almost here. Next email, I'll have plenty of pictures for you, just you wait! I'm so excited to go and serve these people that I've been preparing to serve!

I love you so much, and thank you for helping me get where I am today. I am where I belong. I love doing this work.

Elder Dunford

No comments:

Post a Comment